Sleep Tight


I injured myself.

Sleeping.

Pretty sure my brain is supposed to keep me safe by paralyzing me during REM. I think I’m willful enough to fight it though, because this is becoming a common occurrence. 😳
I mean, really, what the hell?
Rare is the morning I wake up feeling well rested and daisy fresh. Instead, I feel like I’ve been in hand-to-hand combat with a hungry bear, or a disturbingly buff kangaroo.
Pretty sure I’m giving ‘em hell, because the jaw clenching frequently triggers the midnight migraine that wakes me with the pain of a thousand hangovers. And I don’t drink.
Also, the covers often force me into a straight jacket, which is not panic inducing at all.
I would set up a video monitoring system to view my nocturnal unrest, but I have no interest in meeting my sleep paralysis demon face to face.
Is this my new normal? Or just another delightful, transient, post menopausal nightmare?
Pun intended. Be well, friends. Sleep tight. #sleepproblems #sleepparalysisdemon #sleepdeprived

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These Venerable Woods

Days Like This

A Gift